Does it Cost Anything?
No. Each weekly run/walk is free! Donations are welcome to help support RunTheBoro and RunnerDude’s Fitness. To donate, click on the box below.
Note: Donations can also be made via Paypal (firstname.lastname@example.org) or Venmo (@runnerdude).
Do I need to Register in Advance?
No, however, in order to get info on the location of each run, the weekly historical information and cool facts about where you’ll be running, and other important info about the event, you’ll need to sign up for free weekly RunTheboro Newsletter .
What Time and Where?
Each RunTheBoro Run/Walk will begin at 7am. So, in order to complete a waiver, fill out your attendance slip for the RunTheBoro Pint Glass, and find your pace group, it’s recommended your arrive by 6:45am. Each run/walk will begin at a different location in Greensboro. Be sure to sign up for the free weekly RunTheBoro Newsletter or check the Start Locations page on this website for each week’s location.
Where Will We Run/Walk?
The runs/walks will explore Downtown Greensboro and 25 of it’s beautiful surrounding neighborhoods as well as 5 of Greensboro’s awesome greenways. Each week we’ll explore a different area of the city. There will also be special “Theme” runs such as the “Monument Run” and the “City of Murals Run.” To receive historical info about the areas in which you’ll be running prior to each run, be sure to sign up for the free RunTheBoro Newsletter.
Are Children and/or Strollers Permitted?
Basically there’s no rule against strollers, but the thing to keep in mind is that these runs/walks are not “races”, so roads will not be closed to traffic. I try to keep routes to sidewalks, but there are many instances where you’ll be running/walking on residential roads, grassy shoulders, and pea gravel type paths. So, stroller navigation may be difficult on portions of various routes. It’s a good idea to pull-up the RunGoApp route in advance to see exactly where you’ll be going. Also the routes are 5ish to 10ish miles, so you need to keep that in mind with kiddos too. Parents are required to run/walk with their children under 18 years old.
How Long Are The Routes? What If I’m Directionally Challenged or Can’t Run?
Worried you can’t make the distance? No need to worry. Each week there will be a shorter 4-6ish mile route and a longer 8-10ish mile route. The initial runs/walks will be at the shorter end (around 4 miles and 8 miles) and they’ll continue toward the 6ish and 10ish-mile distance through the course of the 9 runs. Worried about getting lost? No need. There will be 12 different pace groups to choose from (including a walking group) each lead by awesome Pace Guide Leaders!
- Waiver: All RunTheBoro participants must sign a waiver before participating. The signed waiver applies to all 8 run/walks during the 2022 RunTheBoro event, so participants only need to sign one waiver. Waivers will be available at the start area before each run/walk, or you can save time and use the button below to print out a copy of the waiver, sign it, and drop it off at the RunTheBoro tent at your first run/walk.
- Covid-19: Because we are outside, masks are not required.
- Participants are to arrive at the start location no less than 15 mins prior to the start time in order to find their Pace Guide Leaders (they’ll be holding up signs for their group)
- There are 12 Pace groups from walking to a speedy 7:45/min run pace. Pace groups consist of pace ranges, such as 9:00-9:15. This is not a race.You’re Pace Guide Leaders are there to guide you through the route, not pace you as in a race. Use your best judgment in selecting your group. It’s best to opt for a slower group than one that may be too fast.
- RunTheBoro is not a race. It’s a field trip for runners/walkers. Runners/walkers are to follow and obey all traffic rules, lights, signs, and use crosswalks where provided.
- It’s extremely important for all runners and walkers to run/walk on sidewalks and bike lanes when provided and not in the road.
- Children under 18-years-old are to run/walk with their parent or legal guardian.
Will There Be RunTheBoro T-shirts This Year?
YES! T-shirts and car stickers too! RunTheBoro gear will be sold at the start/finish area before and after each run/walk. Click here from more info.
RunTheBoro Pint Glasses
Attend 5 of the 8 RunTheBoro 2022 run/walks and earn a free RunTheBoro Pint Glass! In order to get credit for each run/walk, participants are to fill out an attendance slip at the RunTheBoro tent before each run.
Weekly Clue and Prize Drawing is Back!
Each week’s run/walk will contain a clue to a specific “something” during each run/walk. If you find the answer to the clue, take a selfie with the “answer” and post it to the RunTheBoro Group Runs Facebook page with the hashtag #RTBCLUE. Everyone that posts the correct answer with the hashtag will be entered into a prize drawing for that week. A new Prize each week! WeeDoggie!
Rest Rooms? Water?
It’s highly recommended that you use the rest room prior to starting the run/walk. Start locations may or may not be in close proximity to a rest room. A water stop will be provided along the route, but it’s highly recommended that you carry a handheld water bottle or wear a hydration belt/vest too.
How Will I Receive the Historical Information About Each Weekly Route?
The Friday prior to the run/walk, you’ll learn lots of historical information about the area in which you’ll run from the RunTheBoro Newsletter. For example, did you know Vicks Vapo Rub was created in Downtown Greensboro? Did you know there is a complete intact mill village still in Greensboro?